Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Page 36

A Message from the Word

Today at ACF our lesson topic was "Who is Jesus?" We shared our personal views of Jesus then looked at several scriptures.  I am amazed at how one man could be so many things to so many people.  According to the Bible, Jesus is everything from the fountain that cleanses and purifies to the life-giver to the light of the world to beginning and the end.  The Bible is clear, Jesus is not just a man.  Many skeptics and scholars also believe that Jesus was more, thus the questioned is often simplified to Who is Jesus: liar, lunatic, or Lord. 


To me, I think Jesus is the friend I don't want or deserve but the friend I need and love.  He's always there to encourage and speak life into my dead situations but He's also there reminding to live Holy and take the road often less traveled.   Whats amazing about Jesus is that rather than allow others to tell you who He is, he reveals Himself to you.  As we spend more time with Him, as we continually cling to Him, He faithfully shows us who He is so to build our confidence in Him.  When the question is posed: "Who is Jesus: a liar, a lunatic, or Lord?"  My relationship and experience with Jesus allows me to answer boldly the question with, "Jesus is Lord!".  See He's not just a savior that I can call on (like a genie) to come rescue me when I'm in trouble.  He's much more.  Jesus is Lord, the one I submit to so I reduce the amount of trouble I bring into my life. I don't treat Jesus with the respect that I should or give Him the love I should.  Nonetheless, He is always there never backing out of His promise to never leave me nor forsake me. Jesus is awesome and real.  He truly is my all in all.




 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment