Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Page 34

Another week has come and gone.  I've added another duty to my internship: looking up tweets!  I love it.  A coworker said she needed help gathering information to tweet.  My workload is still very light so I did not hesitate too long to ask her if I could assist her with that task (and of course she said Yes).  I'm  going to start praying for more opportunities to help other employees with their work.  Eventually, this internship will end and I'll have to find another job.  I need to make sure I leave here with marketable, not just template recommendation letters.  I'm praying that this job helps to open some opportunity come June.  I've browsed indeed.com and have seen some jobs that I think I would now qualify for that I didn't qualify for 6 months ago


 I am constantly reminded to thank God for the job, the paycheck, and the health insurance;but, I'm also reminded to continue praying that I move on to something better, more challenging and rewarding .  Right now, I honestly feel as though I'm not challenged enough at work and need something different.   Since this is also a grant funded internship (and there are no vacancies), there is very limited promotion potential.  I need to think ahead and begin to polish my resume so I can attract the attention of  a hiring manager working for a company that is going somewhere. I'm a little nervous and scared to begin the job search again, mostly because I'm still relatively inexperienced and not sure how to effectively show what I can bring to the table.  However, I am confident that God is ordering my steps and has picked out the perfect job for me already.  I just need to be remember not to be overwhelmed and know that I have to keep moving forward.  Most importantly, I must trust and obey. 




Something To Think About
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving."  - Oliver Wendall Holmes -



A good article to check out (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505125_162-38940614/top-ten-ways-to-spot-a-dead-end-job/)   

No comments:

Post a Comment