Friday, January 6, 2012

Page 5

A new day, a new year doesn't mean things of the past don't follow you.  It's almost a full week into the new year, and I'm already saying " God I thought we were through with that.  We're not done yet?"  Whether it's over worrying about a silly mistake at work or dealing with family issues and concerns, I feel like God has many challenges planned for this year.  What bothers me the most is not the trials and challenges (these are necessities of life) but my reaction to the challenges.  Though I claim my faith grew tremendously in 2011, will it be evident to both God and me when I'm going through?  I don't want to respond to challenges and trials the same old way.  I don't want to ignore them and place myself in a protective bubble.  I don't want to distance myself from my family because I'm afraid of being overwhelmed and useless.  My prayer and desire is that I'll face each trial and challenge with the boldness and courage He's given me.  Also that as M.B. Clark says, " When I'm on the mountain or even in my valley; Whatever comes my way I'll lift my hands and just praise."  I want to move beyond just singing 'Blessed Be Your Name' to actually living a life that reflects that choice. 



Bible Verse for Today:  


"In him we live and move and have our being," (Acts 17:28 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment