Monday, January 2, 2012

Page 2

" Let's Step Up.  Let's Do It."  --President Barack Obama

I spent approximately 2 hours in the gym today.  Not by choice, though.  Joan and I had to share my car.  She dropped me off the gym ran some errands, then came back to pick me up.  My normal workput time is 1 hr at max 1hr 15.  At first I was a little flustered because I wasn't sure how long I could really last in the gym,  let alone what I was going to do during that time.   I was also thrown off by the size of the gym.  This was my first time at this particular gym and it was bigger than any I'd ever been too. 


Once I found my way to the locker room, put my stuff in a locker, took a deep breath, and just got started.  I started off with my cardio warm-up, then headed to weights.  As I perused other people working out, I got some ideas of different activities that I could do.  I loved my gym time.  I ended up completing a full body workout 

My time at the gym helped me remember that sometimes you just have to step up and do something.  You may not have all the knowledge and skills you want or need.  But what you do have is an opportunity.  so take it.

Bible Verse of the Day

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

No comments:

Post a Comment