Sunday, January 1, 2012

Page 1

"Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one" ---Braid Paisley 



I read the above quote on someone's Facebook status and thought " Hmmm, I wonder who would read my book?".  Then I realized that no one can read a book that hasn't been written. So I got the thinking, why not seize the opportunity to share my personal experiences, memorable moments, and life lessons.

Now this may never turn into a publishable book.  The end of January may come around, I'll start thinking this was a stupid idea because my life is not as interesting I thought. Or  but it'll definitely be one of several ways that I begin to share an document the events that are shaping my life, personality, likes, and dislikes.   
My goal is to daily write whatever is on my heart.  The entries will be long and short.  Some may be interesting others may not.  They'll hopefully cover topics related to God, Religion, Love, Humor, Growing up, Loss, Inspirations, Work, etc. 

So Let's Get Started

Today is Sunday, January 1.   The main word on my mind is Gratefulness! I am grateful that God uses me despite my flaws.  I have a tendency to get moody, mean, rude, and downright nasty.  God still chooses to use me to mobilize others to worship and glorify Him.  I'm developing the habit to truly 'Thank God' when people praise me for my good deeds.  Because the truth is, I couldn't or wouldn't do it if it wasn't for him.  Any I praise I gain should go straight to God.

For example, The ACF Legacy Day was a success not because of anything I did, but because of everything God did.  He allowed all the pieces of a program, put together at the last minute, to come together for a wonderful program.  I am so thankful!!  The day wasn't perfect but it was definitely great.   Both parents, children, adults, youth, and young adults enjoyed the fellowship.  I know God will make it even greater next time around.

God is always reminding me to not sweat the small stuff and remember that I only need to do what He's told me do.  Obey Him, then step back and let Him show His awesomeness.



Bible Gateway Scripture for Today:

“Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” Psalm 90:12 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment