Thursday, January 19, 2012

Page 17

I had one of the most frustrating but rewarding experiences today.  For the conference, I wanted to invite a new, upcoming minister from the DC area: MWS.  Before I invite a speaker, I've been trying to make it a practice that at least more than one committee/board member agrees to the invite. (Like Proverbs says attain wise counsel ).  I asked MWS to give me a copy of one of his sermons so I could share with select members of the committee.  When he gave me a CD I thought " No problem.  Just download to my computer and send it out via email"  Boy was I wrong.  It literally has taken me about 2 days to get the file sent.   First, I tried email but was told the file was too big to be sent as an attachment.  Then, I tried to send it as a Google document but 2 out of the 3 people I sent it to couldn't retrieve the file. I tried to resend it as a Mp3 file as opposed to an Mp4 file, but that failed too.    I couldn't figure out why this was so difficult.  Was God trying to tell me something?  Should MWS not be invited? Should I just go ahead and invite him without any consensus?  I just couldn't understand what was happening.  So I decided to pray, walk away, and  take a break so I wouldn't become too upset and overwhelmed. 


Later, I thought about sharing the file via YouTube.  However, when I tried YouTube the first time, YouTube rejected the file because it was audio and not video. Fortunately, YouTube in its user friendly awesomeness provided a link to a page that gave step-by-step instructions on how to convert an audio file to a movie file using Windows movie maker.  Yea, finally a light emerging out from the end of the tunnel!! Though it took me another 1-3 hrs, I was able to take the message, break into three clips/videos, and upload them to YouTube.  I was sooo happy.  The links to the videos worked and people were able to listen to the message and give me feedback.  



As I reflected on this challenge, I reminded of the patience needed at times to learn lessons from the Master Teacher. He taught me to relax and trust Him when things are tough.  Also to open my heart and mind so I can see and understand the message in the mess.   There's is something to be gained in every struggle.  Find the lesson in the struggle and focus on it. The lesson won't necessarily make the struggle any easier, but it will keep the struggle from being pointless.  We have to be diligent and persevere, so we can learn the lesson.   Through it all I learned some new skills that I'm excited to use.  I now know how to use Window movie maker and upload videos to YouTube.  I'm excited about how to use these skills in various ways to share my stories and help other people.   

Something to Think About: 

Education comes from within; you get it by struggle and effort and thought. Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.
Napoleon Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment