Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Page 9

Something to Think About:

"A zero can be added or subtracted without changing the sum.  A zero can also be used as a place holder.  When do people get when they get you?"  --Bishop TD Jakes


It's Monday.  My first full work week in two weeks.  It'll be a little rough, but with God I know I can survive.  This past Saturday Bishop T.D. Jakes held a free leadership training at my church.  A friend of mine via Facebook shared various snippets.  The quote above was one of my favorites. When I read the quote, it challenged me to think,  "What's my value in this group, community, and/or family?"  God always has a task or purpose to fulfill when he places us somewhere.  We need to learn to ask God to reveal the purpose or task, and then to do what is necessary to fulfill the purpose or accomplish the task.  God didn't make us placeholders, we make ourselves place holders.  God has blessed us with various talents, gifts, and personalities so that when 2 or more come together  there is increased value.  In most of the best highly functioning teams, everyone has a valuable knowledge and/or a unique talent they are contributing.  Especially in ministry, God desires teams to be more than a mere group of people assembled in proximity to each other.  When every volunteer in your ministry, work group, family brings their gifts and diverse styles a better "product" results.  So consider, 'What's my value?' 

No comments:

Post a Comment